Customer and Employee Safety is a Core Value at Williams and Hall
At Williams and Hall, we operate based upon a set of core values. One of these seven core values is safety:
- Safety for our customers and employees.
Respect for the Canoe Country Wilderness
The Boundary Waters Canoe Area and Quetico Park are true wildernesses. They contain incredible beauty and offer the opportunity for once-in-a-lifetime adventures. However, please respect Mother Nature. If you respect Mother Nature, you almost certainly will have a safe and fun trip regardless of outdoor experience.
Your Safety Is Our Concern
In order to make sure your trip is safe and successful, at Williams and Hall we make sure you are prepared with basic safety information before you enter the BWCA and Quetico. Our safety program includes the following:
- Prior to your arrival, you have access to a list of proper equipment to bring on your adventure. This list is not only practical but it helps ensure that you will be safe.
- Upon your arrival, we will spend all the time you need working on your route. Our team can provide you maps and make sure you understand how to use them. We will give you tips about your route to ensure safe travel.
- Our team will teach you the proper way to carry canoes and packs during portages in order to lessen the risk of injury.
- You will be shown everyone who departs from our dock a safety video that explains how to avoid the risks of wilderness adventure. We then discuss any questions that arise from watching the video.
- We maintain our equipment extremely well. Your safety and enjoyment are dependent upon having equipment that works in the way it is designed. We are happy to demonstrate how our equipment works so you will be able to use it successfully.
- Each member of the party receives a personal flotation device and a recommendation to wear it at all times while on or near the water.
There is no reason to fear traveling into the Canoe Country wilderness if you are prepared and respect Mother Nature. Preparation and respect will result in a fun, safe and memorable adventure.
More Safety Tips
The Internet is great for finding more information about safely traveling in Canoe Country. We suggest you look at this website prior to your trip.
Contact Us Today And Safely Plan Your BWCA Trip
At Williams and Hall, we want you to have an amazing Boundary Waters experience. Safety is always a major concern, but we can walk you through, steps, training, and how to’s to make your trip more enjoyable. We can also help gather permits too! Contact us or Give us a call at 218.365.5837 and let’s start your Boundary Waters Vacation!