Here Are Some Great Resources To Help You Obtain Permits, Licenses And Plan A Successful And Safe Canoe Trip To The Boundary Waters And Quetico.


How Do I Get a Permit for the Boundary Waters?

Give us a call at 218.365.5837  and we can help you secure your permits.

But in order to enter the boundary waters to canoe you’ll need to reserve a Entry permit to the park with a speciifc date for your visit and which location you plan on entering from.

Below you’ll see resources for permits, links and general information to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area. If you need help finding specific information give us a call or contact us, we’ll be glad to help.

BWCA Resources

Boundary Waters– While Minnesota fishing licenses are always available here at Williams and Hall, they can also be purchased on-line at:

Minnesota fishing Regulations:

Boundary Waters permits are also available on-line at:

US Forest Service – What to know before you go to the BWCA

Minnesota DNR Lake Finder– Valuable lake and fishing info:

Quetico Park Resources

Quetico Park- Ontario fishing licenses are available on-line! To purchase Ontario fishing licenses you can click on the following link:

Fishing regulations that cover Quetico Park:

General Information for Quetico Park: 

Purchasing Ontario fishing licenses on-line is an easy alternative to purchasing at Prairie Portage. Also, on-line purchases appears to be the best option if entering through the south end of the Park.

Canadian trips…don’t forget your CanPass (Remote Area Border Crossing Pass)

Coming back into the U.S.

Make A Reservation With Williams and Hall

To Make Your Reservation On-Line:

7 Day BWCA Weather Forecast

7 Day forecast at Williams and Hall Outfitters on Moose Lake provided by the National Weather Service:

Copy and paste any of the links above to your browser if the link doesn’t work.

Remember…We’re happy to secure your camping permits at no extra charge!