What To Bring on a BWCA/Quetico Paddling Adventure
Having the right personal gear can make the difference for having a great trip. The goal is to balance comfort with carrying gear over portages. With fifty years of experience, we know the necessary items you should bring.
The List of Personal Gear
Each of our Complete Outfitting guests should bring the following personal items:
- 1 pr of sturdy cotton trousers (jeans are fine)
- 1 heavy wool shirt and 1 cotton shirt
- 2 sets of underwear
- 1 medium weight pr of long (insulated) underwear (Spring & Fall trips)
- hat and gloves (Spring & Fall trips)
- 3 prs of medium weight wool socks
- Reliable 2-piece set of raingear
- Shoes with ankle support
- 1 extra pr of comfortable shoes for around camp
- Toilet Kit (including Small personal towel)
- SUNSCREEN (Very Important)
- Flashlight (A headlamp works best.)
- Compass (GPS optional w/extra batteries)
- Knife/Sharpening Stone
- Matches in a waterproof case
- Sewing/Repair Kit
- INSECT REPELLENT (Very Important)
- First Aid Kit (Know how to use what you bring.)
- Optional: Camera/film, book to read, journal,
deck of cards, etc. Please be aware that cell phones and other mobile devices do not work in the wilderness area.
Personal gear should be contained in dry bags or plastic bags.
We will provide the large canoe packs for your trip once you arrive at our base.