Five Reasons Why You Should Use Williams & Hall - It Starts with Experience
50 Years of Experience
With over 50 years of experience in outfitting and guiding wilderness travelers in Canoe Country, Williams and Hall has the expertise, facilities, and equipment to insure you will have a great trip. We are a long-time institution among Ely, Minnesota outfitters and adventure guides.
Our Incredible Moose Lake Location
Unquestionably, the Moose Lake area is the best departure point into the BWCA and Quetico wilderness areas. Canoeists familiar with the Boundary Waters and the Quetico Park know that the most strategic starting point for their canoe trip is Moose Lake. Why?
- More Canadian and Minnesota canoe routes are accessible from Moose Lake and we are less than 1 mile from the BWCAW boundary and 5 miles from the Quetico Park.
- The Canadian Ranger station at Prairie Portage, where all trips entering the southern part of Quetico Park must start, is conveniently located along your route. You can paddle directly to it without portaging, or take advantage of a motorized shuttle ride directly to the border.
- The Moose Lake Chain is easily navigable. It does not start with a portage!
- We are just minutes away from the Lake One, Snowbank, Ojibway and Wood Lake entry points. Depart from any of these entries and you have a variety of routes terminating at our Moose Lake base. You can paddle right back to our docks. We provide transportation to these, as well as all other entry points.
- Overnight accommodations and meals are available at our lakeside lodge and dining room, as well as a sauna and showers.
- Don’t be fooled by in-town locations. You will be spared the nuisance and added expense of hauling your equipment to the starting point. You will save several hours and get further into the wilderness on your first day.
Lodging and Dining
We have the best accommodations and dining facilities in the Boundary Waters, bar none! You will be served great meals in our dining room and have a good place to sleep before and after your wilderness adventure.
Quality Equipment and Trail Food
We take great pride in our gear and equipment, and in its maintenance, and believe that our trail food is better than any of the competition. Customers often contact us because they ran into one of our groups in the woods and saw what they were eating and compared it to what they were given. We continually replace our equipment so that we can provide you with clean and up-to-date gear for your wilderness adventure.
Finally, personal service and enthusiasm. We love the BWCAW/Quetico and it shows! It shows as soon as you call us. We know the questions to ask and can obtain all of your BWCA and Quetico permits. It shows from the minute you enter the Williams and Hall facility. It shows in the time we take to give you a full equipment orientation and it shows in the time we take to route your trip so that you will get exactly what you want out of your adventure.